captain snickers retirement announcement

by snickers on June 9, 2011 · 14 comments

in announcements

a few days from now, june 12, will be the two year anniversary of the day that i had idea to start the #pawpawty sekurity team. june 12 will also be the day i offishully retire as captain of the team. in two years i haz recruited 25 officers, organized sekurity for 28 pawties and worked 31 shifts! i haz danced wif beootiful girls, nommed @manxington’s duckie and foiled some plots and participated in a few others (BOL!)

i leave the team in the capable paws of recently promoted captain brutus (@brutusthedane) wif assistance of lieutenant – and team seamstress – shawnee (@shawneeshep).

we haz had a wonderful team over the past two years. it feels like a family and ize very happy and proud to be part of it. thank you all so much for the fun we’ve had. it haz been an honor to pawtekt and serve! ize confident that the team will show captain brutus the same respect you haz shown me and will continue to do a GRATE job of helping @frugaldougal and the rest of the #pawpawty team to raise money for animal shelters, rescues and causes.

this not all the uniforms i haz worn but the ones i had handy in the locker room to show you:

Captain Snickers Captain Snickers
Captain Snickers Captain Snickers Captain Snickers
Captain Snickers
Captain Snickers

{ 14 comments }

Duchess The Lab June 9, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Wez really gonna miss u as our leader! Itz been an honor to work wif u & iz knows Capt Brutus will do a great job too, just like u haf! See u around, dis not a good bye just a see u later! Fanks for all Ur hard work & helping us u haf done over da years! *hugs*

BloodhoundNdachsies June 9, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Oh NO…..I iz gonna mizz you so much!!! **Blowin’ big bloodhound nose in tissue cryin’** We still see u round rite? I hope so! It wuz a very tirin’ job I knowz n u did a wunderful ting fur everone. I nose I mess up a few timez buts u alwayz der fur me! **whisperin-you nose we bloodhounds r alwayz a litls goofy** Me willz miss u so much buts I glad u promoted Bru **Annies heart beatin’ and her swoonin’** he be ablez to keepz me on de str8 n narrowz! Be safez on ur trip twos NYC…wishez I could goez butz mom not gotz time offz frum work.

Ruthi June 9, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Oh my, what an amazing two years! So many pawties and so many anipals having a great time in large part because of the help your Sekurity team always helped provide. So many anipals got their first greetings to the anipal twitterverse from your wonderful teams. Can’t even begin to count the number of hijinks we all pulled your Ossifers into!…snicker…

Hope to still see you around at pawpawties & enjoy your retirement Cap’t Snickers!!

SeattleP June 9, 2011 at 4:22 pm

We will miss you at #pawpawty. Hope to still see you on twitter.

Shari June 9, 2011 at 4:26 pm

DUSTY: #Pawpawty Sekurity has flourished under your astute leadership, Snickers. We’ll all behave while Captain Brutus learns the job! HURLEY: We will? DUSTY: Congrats on a job well done. Are they having a #Retirement #Pawty for you? HURLEY: Oh, I hope so! With @HanksBaconBeer and lots of noms! DUSTY: You’ll still be on Twtter, right, furiend?

Ray Chesnick June 9, 2011 at 6:04 pm

We’ll miss you in your job leading #Sekurity at #PawPawty #NipClub events …. I do hope you’ll still attend and paw-ticipate with us. =;-) WOOF! Thank you for all you’ve done! RAY & CHASE — Ray6955 — @DaneRay

snickers June 9, 2011 at 9:04 pm

aw efurryone thank you so much for your kind words ’bout my retirement! i haz really enjoyed organizing the sekurity team and ize sure that CAPTAIN brutus will do grate job wif it now. sekurity team will continue to be there to help new pawtygoers, chase off spammers, and, yes, haz fun wif the pawty hijinx. BOL!

i will definutly still be on the twitters and will stop by the pawties sometimes aswel

George the Duck June 9, 2011 at 10:43 pm

I’ve had a blast with you Snick. Thanks for all the rides on your back! We’ll have to go cruising for hot girls at #nipclub and other stuff now. QOL *ducky hugs*

Daisy Doolittle June 11, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Capt thank you so much for all your hard work! Have fun in your retirement! Thanks for helping make Twitter fun and charitable! You’ve helped bring out the best in social media. Love, Daisy

Benji June 19, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Sir I’m gonna miss you. Thanks for all your help and for training me to be the best sekurity I can be.

Fergus June 19, 2011 at 1:25 pm

OMD, we had so much fun, Snickers. I can’t believe it’s been 2 years already! Remember when I stole your sekurity santa hat and ran off with it? I’m still laughing at the pink camo sekurity uniforms and I always enjoyed being the super-sekrit informant and keeping Mugsy and Perry in check (sort of, well, maybe not so much as I was usually helping them in their high jinks). Thanks for all your hard work and cretivity. The sekurity team added such a lot to #pawpawty, chasing off the spammers and nekkid ladies like that Britni girl, welcoming new anipals, and the reports are always fun, especially when Mugsy was involved:) Have a wonderful retirement my friend and I hope to pawty with you soon. *Salutes and doffs my sekurity santa hat* Oops, didn’t mean to let you know I still had that – I suppose you’ll want it back now?

snickers July 19, 2011 at 1:42 am

oh the memories! those early #pawpawties were somefin really speshul werent they fergus?

and, YES, i haz been lookin efurrywhere for that santa hat. GIVE IT BACK!

BOL!

BigBoyBosco July 11, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Ret. Capt. Snickers,
You are a Great dog and a Great Captain, your team has been trained well and Captain Brutus will do a fine job I am sure. I think now is a good time to tell you that… I *swiped* your Master Sekurity keys about a year ago and made duplicates. I’ve waited a month since your retirement, to tell you this, cuz i figure you will be on a nice water filled dog-bed, drinking a doggyrita somewhere sunny. Have a great retirment Snickers, you paws will be hard to fill !!!

snickers July 19, 2011 at 1:44 am

dude we changed all the really important locks about 2 weeks after you taked the keys. we left a few for you cz we didnt haz the heart to tell you we were on to your hijinx!

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: